Northwest Response Now Offers Continuing Education (CEU’s) for Electrical Administrators and Electricians.
If you are an Electrician, and need CEU’s, and would like to have your First Aid, CPR/AED class time as part of your hours you must choose a Labor & Industries authorized provider, otherwise the hours will not count toward your CEU’s.
- Course ID number: WA2016-807
- Course Title: First Aid, CPR/AED Course
- Type: Electrical
- Credit Type: First Aid Related Hours credited: 4.00
- Effective Date: 12/29/2016
- Expiration Date: 12/29/2019
Our Course is the OSHA and L&I approved HSI Basic Adult First Aid, CPR/AED course.
We can deliver that course to your company on your site (for a minimum site fee) or you may register here for one of our regularly scheduled courses at our facility in Gig Harbor, WA.
More information from Labor & Industries regarding Continuing education for electrical administrators, master electricians, electricians and providers is provided below.
Continuing education requirements for renewal
If you are an Electrical Administrator, Master Electrician or Electrician, you are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education course work in the three (3) years between your certification renewals:
- 8 hours of your CEUs must be on currently adopted National Electrical Code changes.
- 4 hours must be on currently adopted Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 19.28 and related Washington Administrative Codes (WAC).
- The remaining 12 hours of continuing education credit can be your choice from the list of approved courses below.
Avoid late renewal
You can renew up to 90 days before your certification expires. Even if you have not completed the required CEUs as your renewal date approaches, you can submit your renewal application and fee to L&I.
Your certificate will become inactive. Inactive status allows you to avoid the late penalty and re-exam that result from being late.
You cannot work as an Electrician, Master Electrician or as an Electrical Administrator without an active certificate on your person. You must complete the required hours of continuing education and your class provider must post your credits to the L&I Trades Education Roster Reporting System before your active certificate can be issued.
Check your continuing education and certificate status
If you are unsure what continuing education has been reported, or the status of your certificate, check your record in L&I’s Look up a Contractor or tradesperson to see what courses have been reported and may beconsidered for renewal will be listed.
Courses listed below are for Electrician certification renewal only and cannot be used to qualify for a Trainee certificate renewal. (Find Basic Trainee Classes here.)
For course schedules, contact the course sponsor named in the lists below. Courses are good for three years from initial approval. Before selecting a course, verify the course will not expire before you complete it. Available continuing education courses include:
- Code Update Courses for Administrators, Master Electricians & Electricians (197 KB PDF).
- RCW-WAC Courses for Administrators, Master Electricians & Electricians (132 KB PDF).
- Industry Related Courses for Administrators, Master Electricians & Electricians (424 KB PDF).
- First Aid Courses for Administrators, Master Electricians & Electricians (128 KB PDF).